Yesterday I told you about the lady we were meeting with who has such a large family. Yesterday Peter (our Russian seminary graduate) and I went to her home again for lessons, and she had a friend join us. We had a good lesson, and then after the lesson we were eating and talking in the kitchen. Before we ate I asked a blessing, and this started the conversation. As it turns out, her friend is a Jehovah's Witness, and we had a long conversation about that. She had all the typical jw response, Jehovah is the name we should worship, Jesus is not God, etc., etc. I was reminded again that our struggle is not against people but with the evil one, that we are in a spiritual war with him and that we must constantly be in prayer for the Lord to destroy these strongholds. Please pray that we would be able to clearly show these people that have been deceived by the lies of the jw the truth of who Jesus is. There are several in our class who were formerly in this cult and are still distrustful of anyone speaking to them of God.
While I don't think we made any progress with her, it did open the door for us to talk more with Irina. As it turns out, she believes in God and has been reading the Bible to her family. Her children have begun asking a blessing before meals. But the problem is that while she believes in God and reads the Bible, she does not know how to have a relationship with Him and what she must do to be saved. Honestly, I felt like Philip talking to the Ethiopian eunuch. I explained to her how to trust in God and be saved, and I feel like when we talk again tonight that she will accept Christ. Please pray RIGHT NOW for her heart to be open and for this to be the day of her salvation. As I said before, she can have a huge impact in her family and around this area.
I don't know why these things continue to amaze me, but they do. By now you would think that I would be accustomed to God bringing these people who are searching across my path. But each trip I am amazed at how He orchestrates these meetings and I am humbled that He would give me the opportunity to share His Gospel with them.
The highlight of our week will be tonight when we share with our class about Jesus. We build relationships all week through teaching English, and tonight we pray that this relationship will cause them to really hear us as we share about Christ and salvation. Please pray RIGHT NOW that many would come to our English class tonight and that nothing would hinder them. Pray that God would speak His truth through us, and especially through our interpreter. Pray for hearts to be changed and for people to be saved THIS DAY.
I know that we accomplish nothing on our own, but that God's Holy Spirit draws people to Himself. We love these people, and our hearts break when we think of them being without the relationship with Christ. Our prayer to God is to be used by Him to accomplish His will. But we also pray that ALL would accept Him as Lord. Thank you for joining us in lifting these prayers to our heavenly Father who is faithful and just to forgive all who seek Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment